This event is now cancelled. We apologise for any disappointment caused.
Join Milestones Museum to mark the 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day.
This will be an opportunity to remember the sacrifices made and to celebrate the arrival of peace in Europe as people did 75 years ago.
Enjoy lots of themed activities at this special event.
- Meet costumed re-enactors from Home Front History traversing the streets of Milestones
- View a collection of war time vehicles parked outside the museum
- Hear live music from the Royal British Legion Corps of Drums (8 May), jazz songstress Amy Baker (9 May) and smooth swing from Steve Conway (10 May)
- See a display of For King and Country: Portraits of WWII Veterans by Nel Brooks
- Browse Ruby's Vintage Market, who will be selling a range of true vintage and retro items, including clothes, accessories, china, up-cycled items and more
- See a screening of the Secret Spitfire (8 May only), all about the building of secret Spitfire planes in rural towns in Southern England including Salisbury
- Hear talks (10 May only) from John Dickson on VE Day and 'GI Babes' Pauline and Angie, whose GI fathers were both in Hampshire prior to VE Day - discover their stories of tracing their American families and the GI experience in England.
- Family Tree will be exhibiting, providing advice for looking up your own ancestors and their history
- For youngsters there’ll be face painting and bunting making*
- Enjoy cooking demonstrations for all the family of wartime staples such as spam hash!
- Plus there’ll be the opportunity to join in the VE Day party at the Vintage Tea Tent
All this, your Milestones favourites, including the sweetshop and working pub, and much more this VE Day weekend!
*Some activities include an additional charge.