The LEGO Mindstorms EV3 kit is the latest in robotics technology - a programmable computer brick with attachable motors and sensors which can be built and programmed into a variety of working robots.
LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Space Challenge explores real-life problems that space researchers are trying to solve. It's a highly interactive session with seven missions that challenge participants to apply and creatively adapt programming and problem-solving skills to construct robots that solve actual space exploration challenges.
From going into orbit to exploring distant moons, how will your planned exploration stand up to the ultimate test?
The workshop involves computer coding, mathematics problem-solving and design and engineering challenges using the robots.
- 11.00am - 3.30pm (including half an hour for lunch, refreshments not provided)
- Suitable for ages 9+
- Each child must be accompanied by a responsible adult throughout at a ratio of 1:1
- Purchase one workshop ticket per child - no need to purchase a workshop ticket for the accompanying adult.
- Workshop participants are not required to purchase entry tickets to the museum in addition to the workshop tickets
- Please note that the main content of the workshop is computer coding and problem-solving, not building a LEGO model