COVID-19 Information for schools: updated 17 June 2021
(Next update due: 1 September 2021)
School bookings from September 2021
Milestones Museum is open for school bookings as normal from September 2021, with temporary changes and measures in place to minimise the risks of coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission following government guidance.
Changes or cancellations to bookings due to government guidance on COVID-19 will not be charged.
Alternatively, other learning resources are also available:
- Educational loans boxes are available for hire from our sister site, SEARCH. Milestones loan boxes are being developed for Autumn 2021.
- See our Loans boxes and resources page for classroom-based learning ideas
Please contact us with any queries: email@example.com
Best wishes, Milestones Learning team
Explore our range of educational resources available at Milestones Museum. For further information and to make your booking, please telephone 01256 639550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we will need
- when you would like to bring your group to visit (with a couple of back up dates if possible, in case we are unable to accommodate your first choice)
- which programme you are interested in
- the number of children and adults you would like to bring (see adult:pupil ratios)
- contact details for your school so that we can send you your booking confirmation
- any specific needs your pupils have such as learning or physical difficulties
- what learning outcomes you hope to achieve
- if your group would like to visit the sweetshop, gift shop, or pre-order souvenir goody bags
After booking we recommend making a familiarisation visit to acquaint yourself with the Museum. Read more about making a familiarisation visit.
Once you have made your booking we will send you:
- Confirmation of your booking with the date, times, number of children and adults and the programme you have booked
- Teacher’s Pack including your itinerary for the day and all information about the organisation of your visit
We operate within Hampshire Cultural Trust's rigorous Health and Safety policy. To provide you with help in completing your risk assessment see our hazard assessment guidance.
You will be invoiced for your visit.