The wellbeing of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our top priority. Following government guidance issued on 16 March regarding minimising the spread of coronavirus, we have taken the very difficult decision to close Milestones Museum to the public from 18 March. The current plan is that it will not re-open until April 5 at the earliest, this will be under weekly review. Thank you for your patience and we apologise for any disappointment that this may cause.
All school bookings from 18 March to 31 May have been postponed at no charge, and all affected schools contacted. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to re-arrange your school visit when you are ready to do so. Please use this email address for all correspondence until further notice, as learning staff are not currently at the museum to respond to telephone calls.
School bookings and visits after May half term
We are still taking school bookings as usual for visits after May half term. Schools are welcome to book a visit for that time and monitor government advice. Should cancellation by either the school or Milestones become necessary nearer the time due to government advice, there will be no charge to cancel or postpone your visit at short notice.
Best wishes, Milestones Learning team
Explore our range of educational resources available at Milestones Museum. For further information and to make your booking, please telephone 01256 639550 or email email@example.com
Information we will need
- when you would like to bring your group to visit (with a couple of back up dates if possible, in case we are unable to accommodate your first choice)
- which programme you are interested in
- the number of children and adults you would like to bring (see adult:pupil ratios)
- contact details for your school so that we can send you your booking confirmation
- any specific needs your pupils have such as learning or physical difficulties
- what learning outcomes you hope to achieve
- if your group would like to visit the sweetshop, gift shop, or pre-order souvenir goody bags
After booking we recommend making a familiarisation visit to acquaint yourself with the Museum. Read more about making a familiarisation visit.
Once you have made your booking we will send you:
- Confirmation of your booking with the date, times, number of children and adults and the programme you have booked
- Teacher’s Pack including your itinerary for the day and all information about the organisation of your visit
We operate within Hampshire Cultural Trust's rigorous Health and Safety policy. To provide you with help in completing your risk assessment see our hazard assessment guidance.
You will be invoiced for your visit.